Sometimes when you play games, you might experience the black screen of death (BSOD). This is usually not a real problem, but can be annoying. If you are playing any games when it happens, it is best to restart the computer. But what if you want to play games when Windows 10 BSOD keeps coming? Here are some ways to fix the BSOD in Windows 10.
If you are one of the people who have experienced this problem, then you are probably frustrated. First, you have to know that this problem is not unique to Windows 10. It is a problem that has plagued computers since the day they were invented. Second, the cause of the “black screen of death” is known. It is called “vblank interrupt”, also known as VBlank Interrupt. All gaming devices have the hardware to support VBlank Interrupt, but Windows 10 does not. If you are still not getting any information about this, then this article is for you.
Some gamers will play their favorite games for hours without a hitch. Others will get a blue or black screen of death, and have to restart their games every 15 minutes. However, usually, if a certain game is bugged, a restart will enable you to play it like normal. However, this doesn’t work when it comes to stock games.
The date on which this page was last modified was August 29, 2021. -dev D (author) Filed Under: Windows, How To
If you’re attempting to play your favorite action game on your Windows 10 computer, but the screen goes black while you’re playing, it’s a frustrating scenario. A issue with the graphics card driver is typically the source of a black screen on Windows 10 when gaming or viewing movies. Black Screen While Gaming in Windows 10 may also be caused by hardware problems, game incompatibility with Windows 10, or improper power management settings. Now, you don’t have to be concerned since a black screen error when playing a game is a typical Windows 10 problem, much like other screen faults such as blue, yellow, and so on. Following the instructions below, you may quickly repair this problem and continue enjoying your games.
How to Fix the Black Screen Error in Games
So, if you’re a serious gamer who enjoys playing large-scale games on your Windows 10 PC, you’ll probably run into a black screen rather often. So, if you don’t want to end your gaming experience due to these problems, keep the following remedies in mind.
Examine Your Hardware
The most common hardware problem that may cause a system shutdown or black screen when gaming on Windows 10 is overheating. Installing a Temperature monitor program to keep an eye on the temperature of your CPU and GPU is recommended. We also suggest using a cooling pad if your CPU temperature is higher than typical operating temperature.
In addition, check to see whether the CPU/GPU fans are operating slowly or not at all. If any are discovered, replace them with fresh ones.
Another reason why CPU components heat up is dust buildup. Examine your desktop cabinet for dust and make sure your Gaming CPU is in good working order.
Windows 10 should be updated.
Did you know that upgrading your program may solve the majority of Windows 10 issues and problems? That’s because Windows 10 has monthly security updates in which Microsoft resolves the majority of the most recent vulnerabilities. So, just upgrading Windows 10 will solve the black screen issue that happens often when playing games. You just need to ensure that your machine is running the most recent version of Windows 10, which you can do by following these instructions.
- Bring up the System Preferences. You may bring up the System Settings page by hitting the keys with the Windows logo and I on your keyboard together, and then looking for the Update and Security option and clicking on it.
- Windows Update is a program that allows you to update your computer You must verify that there are no outstanding updates for your operating system in the update window, which is situated on the left panel of the main window. If there are any updates available, click the install option and restart your computer to finish the procedure. If you attempt to play the game now, the black screen will no longer bother you.
Graphics Drivers Should Be Updated
The black screen issue may also be caused by an outdated graphic driver or corrupted graphic driver files. If this is the case with your computer, upgrading your drivers using Device Manager is a simple solution.
Device Manager may be used to update drivers.
- To begin, right-click the Windows Start icon on your computer.
- A menu of choices will appear in front of you; choose Device Manager from the list.
- Expand the display adapter in Device Manager. Look for updates by right-clicking on the graphic driver.
- Whether updates are available, install them and restart your computer to see if the black screen problem has been resolved.
Using third-party tools, update the driver automatically.
You may use a variety of third-party programs to automatically update your graphic driver if you don’t want to risk your graphic driver by manually installing it or if you don’t know how to do so. You won’t have to worry about an outdated graphic driver after downloading the tools since the program will automatically update your drivers whenever a new update is available. For novice users, this is the most straightforward option.
Drivers must be installed again
In rare instances, automated driver updates may result in damaged files being installed on your computer. To prevent similar scenarios, you need manually update all of your drivers in order to resolve the black screen problem. You must follow these steps to complete the manual procedure.
- Return to Device Manager, as we previously explained.
- Right-click on each item in your graphic drivers or any other driver.
- Select uninstall from the submenu.
- Now go to the Control Panel switch category and choose uninstall from the drop-down menu.
- Uninstall any items linked to your driver that you find.
- After you’ve removed everything, restart your Windows 10 machine.
- Finally, go to the official manufacturer’s website and download the most recent version of your drivers that is compatible with your Windows 10 device and start the installation process.
If you’re using Intel HD graphics, head to Intel’s Graphic Driver Download Page, or go here if you’re looking for NVIDIA or AMD graphics drivers.
Examine Advanced Power Options
- As with the previous approach, you must first access the Control Panel on your computer.
- Enter the power choice in the search area and check for items with the same name.
- Click Change plan settings from your existing Power Plan.
- Next, choose Change advanced power settings from the drop-down menu.
- You must expand the PCI Express from the following window.
- Finally, make sure your computer’s State Power Management is turned off.
Furthermore, start Windows 10 in a clean boot state before playing the game. If a third-party service or program conflict is producing a black screen when gaming on Windows 10, this will help.
So, if your Windows 10 goes dark screen when you’re playing games, don’t be concerned. Everything will return to normal after you update your Windows 10, graphic driver, and other drivers, or check your advanced settings. On Windows 10, you may now play games without interruption.
It’s that time of the year again, when everyone is ready to upgrade their Windows 10 PCs to the latest version, right? And it’s not just Windows 10; it’s also the time when Microsoft rolls out the new Edge browser, the latest version of Office 365, and other interesting offerings like Cortana and Continuum.. Read more about screen goes black when playing games nvidia and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why does my screen go black when I play games?
This is a common issue with the PS4. It can be caused by a number of things, but it is usually due to dust or other particles that have accumulated on the screen.
Why does my monitor turn off when I play games?
The monitor may turn off when you play games because the game is using a lot of power. This can cause the computer to overheat, so it turns off to prevent damage.
Why is my Windows 10 stuck on a black screen?
This is a common issue that many users have experienced with Windows 10. There are a few different causes of this issue, but the most common one is that your computer has been infected with malware. If youve recently installed any apps or software, make sure theyre all up to date and dont have any malicious code in them.
- black screen when playing games windows 7
- screen goes black when playing games android
- black screen while gaming amd
- why does my phone screen go black when playing games
- steam games causing black screen