The game is crashing when you start it up.
Cold Iron Studios is working hard to fix Aliens: Fireteam Elite’s launch issues, one of which being players crashing on startup. Our guide compiles all of the presently known problems with Aliens: Fireteam Elite, as well as potential solutions.
Some of the crashes seem to be related to vulnerabilities in the netcode and profile management, while others appear to be caused by different system problems. In any case, try these solutions to determine which one best suits your issue.
Change Your Profile Name – Aliens: Fireteam Elite Crash Fix
You may be able to start the game for the first time, but after you load your first save file, the game may crash.
This may be linked to the name of your Steam profile. If your Steam name contains special symbols (such as the TM symbol or a bullet), it may crash while trying to load your save file. This problem may be resolved by following the instructions below.
Step 1: Modify the name of your Steam profile.
To update your Steam profile name (don’t add any special symbols this time), follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Select your name from the drop-down menu (upper right corner)
- Select “View Profile” from the drop-down menu.
- Select the “Edit Profile” option.
- Change the name of your profile and confirm it.
Step 2: Disable Cloud Savings
To temporarily disable Steam’s cloud saves, follow these steps:
- Launch the Steam client.
- Right-click on the Aliens: Fireteam Elite game and choose Properties.
- Choose “Properties” from the drop-down menu.
- Navigate to the “Update” tab.
- Turn the “Cloud Synchronization” option off.
Step 3: Delete the Previous Save
Now you must delete the old and corrupted save file from your computer’s “C:UsersAppDataLocalEndeavor” folder.
Simply remove the whole folder, which will be recreated when you restart your computer.
Step 4: Go back to the beginning of the game.
Finally, you may begin a new game by following these instructions:
- Make a whole new character.
- Start with the first map.
- Activate cloud backups.
- Replace your old profile name with your new one (if you wish)
Cannot Join Game Fix in Aliens: Fireteam Elite
If you’re having trouble starting a multiplayer game in Aliens: Fireteam Elite, try the following:
- When you receive the “Can’t Join Game” problem notice, exit matchmaking.
- Invite your pals to join your squad (open matchmaking isn’t an option).
- Restart the matchmaking session by entering it again.
Aliens: Fireteam Elite’s open public matchmaking is still being worked on by the developer. You’ll have to play with your pals that you invite straight into multiplayer matches until everything is resolved.
Fix for Exceptional Access Violation in Aliens: Fireteam Elite
If you receive the 0x00000008 error notice while starting the game, you should temporarily disable your antivirus program since it may be preventing some parts of the game files from working correctly.
If you’re using Windows 10 Defender, you may turn it off by following these steps:
- Start by pressing the Start button.
- Navigate to the “Settings” tab.
- Choose the “Update and Security” option.
- Navigate to the “Windows Security” tab.
- Choose the “Virus and Threat Protection” option.
- Select “Manage Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Turn off the real-time protection.
Following the same procedures, you may reactivate the game once you’ve finished playing it.
Error Fix for Aliens: Fireteam Elite Endeavor.exe
You may get problem warnings such as “X3DAudio1 7.dll not found,” “XAPOFX1 5.dll not found,” and “D3DCOMPILER 43.dll not found” if you start your game by double-clicking the Endeavor.exe file in the Aliens: Fireteam Elite game folder.
If this is the case, you must upgrade your DirectX drivers by following the steps below:
- Go to “SteamsteamappscommonSteamworks Shared CommonRedistDirectX” under the “SteamsteamappscommonSteamworks Shared CommonRedistDirectX” folder.
- Run the “dxsetup.exe” program.
- Once you’ve done, restart your computer.
NVidia GeForce Error Fix for Aliens: Fireteam Elite
nVidia GeForce graphics cards are directly linked to several of the reported crashes. If your GPU isn’t up to date, you may want to look at this remedy for game crashes.
To modify your GeForce GPU settings, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the nVidia Control Panel.
- Navigate to the “Manage 3D Settings” section.
- Choose the “Program Settings” option.
- To play the game Aliens: Fireteam Elite, go to the Aliens: Fireteam Elite page.
- Select “Ultra” from the “Low Latency Mode” drop-down menu.
- Choose “Off” for “Triple Buffering.”
- Save your work and exit the panel.
Hopefully, these pointers assisted you in resolving the Aliens: Fireteam Elite game crashing at startup issue. Please visit our dedicated hub page if you’re searching for additional Aliens: Fireteam Elite tutorials.